Apple has released watchOS 3.1 to the public today. WatchOS 3 introduced a variety of new features, including a totally revamped user interface and it looks like watchOS 3.1 is mostly about squashing some bugs along with some minor changes.
As an example, one of the minor features added is the ability to replay bubble and screen effects, something that’s also been added to iOS 10.1.
Here’s a list of changes:
- New option to replay bubble and full-screen effects in iMessage
- Messages effects can now play with Reduce Motion enabled
- Fixes an issue that could pause the notification for Timer complete to be delivered twice. Resolves an issue that could prevent Apple Watch Series 2 from fully charging
- Restores an issue where Activity rings may disappear from the watch face
- Fixes an issue that prevented Force Touch options from appearing in some-third party apps
To update, go to the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and select Software Update. Your Watch will need to be docked with at least 50 percent battery.